Raise concerns about mining in the Philippines with mining companies and financial institutions
ECCR is encouraging church and other responsible investors, individual members and others to raise concerns about the destructive effects of large-scale mining in the Philippines with the mining companies and financial institutions currently or potentially involved.
What you can do:
- Read the report Mining in the Philippines - Concerns and Conflicts in full or at least the executive summary (pp. iii-vii).
- Identify which of the companies and institutions currently or potentially involved in the Philippines mining sector (pdf) you wish to write to. These may companies you have shares in or whose services you use, or simply companies that you would like to inform of your concerns.
- Use the web to find the name and contact address of the chief executive of the company/ies or institution(s) you wish to write to. Adapt this model letter (pdf) for your communication.
- Read these further updates on issues relating to the interests of BHP Billiton (pdf) and Standard Chartered Bank (pdf) in the Philippines and raise your concerns with either or both companies.
- Please send Miles Litvinoff at ECCR a copy of your letters and any replies you receive.