Development Manager – Churches & Congregations– West Midlands
Working from Home, P/time, Flexible Working Hours
ECCR with its partners the Black Country Urban Industrial Mission and the Churches and Industry Group, supported by the Barrow Cadbury Trust, wants churches to contribute to a fair, resilient and sustainable economic system that serves people and planet.
We are looking for a Development Manager to promote our Ethical Money Churches project in Birmingham & the Black Country, use the resources that we have developed and work in creative partnership with churches and congregations.
We want to build a community of people in West Midland churches who are seeking to fulfil their Christian stewardship and ownership responsibilities with regard to the money, savings and assets that are used either by them as individuals and/or on their behalf as members.
· Do you understand theology, economics and business and engage well with principles & questions relating to money, finance & faith?
· Do you have a heart for economic justice and a commitment to growing Christian discipleship in respect of money & assets?
· Do you have the initiative, confidence & personality to engage effectively with churches and inspire church leaders and congregations?
If you have said yes to the above, then we have the opportunity for you!
To be successful you will need to demonstrate:
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to deliver projects in a variety of church contexts.
· Enthusiasm in the delivery of training materials.
· Knowledge of and engagement in areas of corporate responsibility, ethical finance or similar.
12 months (with possible extension), part time 2 days per week (8hrs/day) apportioned over a four-week period, working from home with access to Birmingham & the Black Country. Desk space potentially available in Birmingham. £27,300/annum pro rata (£10,920 for 2 days/week) on an employed basis. We will consider applications on a self-employed basis – £16.25/hr.
Download Job Description
Download Application Form (pdf)
Download Application Form (Word)